Dan Hollands

Default Does anyone know the spec on this resistor? - resistor.jpg (0/1) - resistor.jpg (0/1)

Still no picture but a resistor flaming usually means something else is
wrong i.e. they are symptom not a cause.

Some monitors and TVs have resistors called fuse resistors that are designed
to open when there is a failure to keep the whole unit from going up in
smoke.

Dan

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

www.QuickScoreRace.com
"Matt Russell" wrote in message
It looks like the attchment didn't send... I'll try MIME encoding...

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:26:32 GMT, Matt Russell
wrote:

Attached photo shows a resistor (I think) with the following written
across it:

R73 KP
K7

And across the top of it:

5n6 H 2000

It measures 1"L x .6"H x .25"W
2 leads

It started flaming in a 21" Viewsonic Monitor, and I'm not sure how or
where to order a replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, it was located a few inches from the flyback and right next to
some power transistors. Is it likely that the root of the problem is
something other than this part?

Many thanks, Matt