Gordon Airporte

Default New Lie-Nielsen and Lee Valley Catalogs...

I think this points out that the actual object of the pride is having
made a good choice, be it LN or LV. It's not the result of the choice
but the process, and that can include simply having put yourself in a
position to be able to consider the high end products. When you actually
get the tool in-hand and find that it's a pleasure to use you get the
warm fuzzies and know you did right.
If this is the case then I suppose it matters whether it's possible to
make a /bad/ choice for tools in this price range.