PipeDown

Default High price of 600 amp circuit breakers?

"Ignoramus5533" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:35:38 GMT, PipeDown wrote:
In addition to the low demand and cost of engineering, another thing that
probably inflates the cost is reliability testing. Very often the same
product is labeled and sold at different prices, the primary difference
being the amount of testing that went into ensuring the reliability of
the
device. A good example is the difference between military and commercial
electronic parts.

Fair enough.

In your case, you cannot guarantee reliability, provide a warrantee or
perhaps even guarantee functionality and this will all substantially
reduce
the price for an eBay customer. Good luck, I find that electronic parts
sell slowly on eBay. Look at the number of bids on those parts for a
preview. Stuff is only worth what someone will pay for it, fortunately
you
paid nothing. I think you will do better with a return if DOA policy
rather
than an AS-IS policy.

Try search ebay for:

"400 amp" circuit breaker -(new)
"600 amp" circuit breaker -(new)

(cut and paste this into the search box)

You would find that these breakers briskly sell for about $150-230,
with the average price of about $190-200 or so.

If you look closely at ebay histories of auction winners, you would
see that they are professional dealers of circuit breakers. What I
suspect they do, is buy these breakers on ebay, test them, perhaps
replace contacts or whatever, call them "FACTORY RECONDITIONED" and
resell to their own customers for a few times more than what they
paid.

Thusly, I am leaning towards selling all these breakers in one lot, to
save shipping to such buyers. I would prefer selling to these
professionals instead of dealing with clueless individual buyers who
buy them to use at their locations.

Send an email to these pro dealers (eBay sellers) and ask if they would like
to buy your lot directlly from you. You may not get the max price but you
won't have to wait through several unsuccessful auctions (assuming you use a
minimum price) or get lowballed cause there is another just like it this
week etc.