Matt

Default Using used plastic container for oil

Ted Bennett wrote:
This is a little off-topic, but you guys know everything, right?

Would it be a bad idea to store unused motor oil in a plastic container
that has been used for liquid detergent if it has been cleaned and
rinsed? I am more concerned about bad effects on the oil than the
container, via leaching of something into the oil.

I like the container because of its neatly enclosed drip-free pouring
spout, but I can still smell the detergent after several rinsings.

Thanks for any pointers or warnings.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...rgery-nc_x.htm

North Carolina surgeons unwittingly used dirty tools
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Sometime last year, elevator workers at two
hospitals drained hydraulic fluid into empty soap containers and capped
them without changing the labels.

Not long afterward, medical staff complained that some of their surgical
tools felt slick. But it was not until January that nearly 4,000
patients learned their surgeons had unknowingly used instruments washed
in the slippery fluid instead of soap.