Andrew Werby

Default 1960's Mattel Injector - resin used?

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
I just picked up a Mattel Injector toy injection molding machine. Does
anyone have any idea what plastic resin was used in these? Google hasn't
turned up much so far.

Mike

[I've got one of those; it's basically a piece of junk. It's supposed to
work with regular styrene plastic, the type that airplane models, etc. are
made of. Probably the easiest thing would be to recycle some kid's toys for
material; just chop them into pieces small enough to fill the melting
chamber. But it doesn't work too well; the heater's inefficient and the
pressure (from leaning on a lever) insufficient. I couldn't get the
(supplied) molds to fill completely; maybe another thermoplastic would have
worked better, but I gave up in disgust...]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com