mich

Default Planning application process - and complaint?

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message
snip tale of woe

We recently applied for (and got) permission to extend upwards and
outwards at the back and were not required to have any notices outside.

Only the IMMEDIATE neighbours were informed by letter

I am an IMMEDIATE neighbour! and this is to the front , side and rear of
his property, hence I expected the letter for the bit that affected me.

Planning applications were required in this case.

My gripe is the rules they are being flaunted;-(

Could I collar my local councillor about it and get something done to make
sure same scenario doesnt happen in future to anyone else? I suspect it
happeneing because as I came out another lady spoke to me who had overheard
my conversation and said "you didnt get a letter did you ?- I know, thats
why I'm here"

In this instance the poor b*gger who has made and got the application will
find himself with a bloody great hedge in his windows as I protect my
privacy - and I dont have to cut it and I WONT. Its going up BEFORE he
builds. I am out planting it now!

If he wants to say anything. I too can lie - well it wont affect your room
will it , after all you wont be coming out this far..... not bl**dy likely.
I too can be a pain in the a*ce. ;-P