No

Default to regulars and first time posters - Good alt.home.repair etiquette?

Hello - There are a lot of people who lure here, a lot of people who
post a lot of good information, most replies are good, there is not a
lot of noise.

My question is this - Why do some people post a question and never
bother to respond to follow-up questions that regular posters may have?
Are our first responses sooo comprehensive that no further discussion
is required? How come sometime I feel like I'm posting to a black hole?
To everyone - a simple thank you or acknowledgment of the response
would be great. Some may complain that it just clutters things up. My
contention is that it enhances the discussion. If a question is posted,
a response is given, an acknowledgment that it works or doesn't would
be of tremendous value to all. If the OP finds a different solution off
board and posts it that would be great too! if someone asks about which
this or that they should buy, the OP should then come back and describe
what the decision was and why plus any impressions. Maybe even a long
term use report a few months later would be a bit too much to ask.

I know some of us do this already. Thanks.

Is there an FAQ? Maybe some of these suggestions could be added there.

Done ranting

To regular posters - Keep up the good work, you know who you are.