dean

Default Adding a new furnace in conjuction with existing electric - how to separate the air supplies?

Hello all,

Simple question here (I think), but I'm adding a second furnace (wood,
providing hot forced air) to run with my current electric (hot forced
air, similar thing). New furnace will sit next to existing one.

If both of them feed into the air ducting close to each other, do I
need to separate the one so that it doesn't blow through the other
unnecessarily? What's the typical way of doing this? I had a quick look
over the installation instructions and there is nothing about adding it
as a backup or using the existing one as a backup. They both have their
own blowers.

A few hints would be very appreciated.

Dean