Jason

Default EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle...

In article , mcv
wrote:

In alt.fan.pratchett David Jensen wrote:
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:55:16 -0700, in alt.fan.pratchett
(Jason) wrote in
:

Several years ago, I attended a debate between Dr. Gish and a professor
from the local state university. Dr. Gish clearly won the debate.

"Won" is a matter of perception. He did not have the scientific facts on
his side, so whatever he won was merely the result of his ability to
persuade the ignorant that his story was more believable than the person
who did have the facts on his side.

Heh. I once won a debate where I argued that Santa Claus existed. Winning
a single debate proves only that you're a better debater than the other
guy.

mcv.

mcv,
Great point. You are right. In the debate that I attended, he was the
clear winner since he was a better (and more experienced) debater than the
college professor. The college professor made a common error--he showed
disrespect to Dr. Gish several times during the debate. The crowd was
shocked whenever it happened. Dr. Gish never showed disrespect to the the
professor.
Jason

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.