dustyone

Default Installing cabinet knobs---bottom ones look too low, but are not.

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
I am currently adding knobs very similar to the following knobs to my
kitchen cabinets (which were originally the type with no knobs):

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...ln0&M ID=9876

In case you are unable to retreive that link, they are a very basic knob:
narrow stem ballooning into a larger ellipsoid, maybe 1 1/4 " wide.

I am positioning them on the doors at 3 1/2 " up the sash (from the bottom
of the door) for the top doors. The bottom doors would then be positioined 3
1/2 " down the sash (from the top of the door).

What I noticed is that because the bottom door knobs are (obviously) lower,
I get a different perspective: because I am able to see the stem, it
actually looks like the knob is positioned 4" or more down the sash. The top
cabinet door knobs have me not see the stem at all: all I see is the larger
round bulb of the knob.

When you install knobs on cabinet doors, do you make sure that the top and
bottom are precisely at the same distance, or do you make sure that they
look the same.

I am considerring installing the rest of the bottom door knobs at 3" down
the sash, and not 3 1/2.

Is this something that is done at all?

--
Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmal luntilsomeoneramsitupyournose.