Swingman

Default Installing cabinet knobs---bottom ones look too low, but are not.

"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote in message

I am considerring installing the rest of the bottom door knobs at 3" down
the sash, and not 3 1/2.

Is this something that is done at all?

You sound like me ... walk into a room and mentally get an accurate count of
ALL the crooked pictures or, when you're sitting on the porch,
subconsciously, and involuntarily, use the top of a railing as a winding
stick to check if the cornice on house across the street is level.

It's a curse.

A different perspective will detract from the design/appearance of a piece
for some of us, so if it bugs you, and looks right with the knobs a bit
higher on the bottom doors, do it.

I see drawer pulls that look outright crooked because of the grain direction
behind them ... I know they're not, because I put them on, but it's still an
irritant until the piece has been around long enough that you no longer
care/notice.

In short, do what makes it work for you.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/05