Bill

Default Tumble dryer venting

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:32:27 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

As a simple rule of thumb, machines with the water tray at the top have the
pump and can be mains drained, although sometimes they wish to use the
opportunity to hawk an overpriced kit of parts to do so. My Bosch 6920 came
with the "kit" free, and it consisted simply of a length of hose.

The 'drain out' kit for my John Lewis condenser dryer (actually made
by AEG and identical mechanically to their current range) sells for
the princely sum of around £30, and consists of little more than a
length of small bore tubing to my knowledge. It's actually an AEG
official part you have to buy from AEG, not John Lewis.

Fortunately the drain tube that enters the machine's reservoir
actually emerges from inside the back of the machine near the top and
connects to the reservoir on the outside. I simply took it off the
reservoir, connected another length of much cheaper small bore tubing
and extended it to my drain. How they can justify such a price for a
bit of pipe is beyond me.