Art

Default Outdoor Tv antennas

It is not moderated. There seems to have been a newsgroup problem a couple
of days ago and some posts weren't showing up. Also, there is a bug in
Outlook and on random days you cannot see your own posts. No one has
figured out why as far as I know. Go to www.google.com and check out the
group page and visit this group there and see if you can see your posts.

"ek" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I am sending a test post. the past few days I have posted to some of the
questions here and my posts have not
appeared. If moderated, how do I joing or become approved, etc?
Thanks,
Ernie,

----

uriah wrote in message
If you read the url's in my prior post you will get all the data you
need such as why twinlead has problems, the extra signal signal loss
from rg59, why rg11 has the least signal loss. Preamps (mast or
antenna mount) are to overcome the signal loss in your coax from
antenna to tv. Look for the least distortion and best s/n you can
get. Anything over 2.5 is to much. signal strength decreases the
base noise floor increases so you get more noise with longer cable
runs without the preamp. If your cable was only 20 feet you would get
a better picture without preamnp. But every 18 feet you take a
significant signal strength loss. Also the higher the frequency the
quicker the loss.

Spend the hour or two reading the data at the urls and get scientific
fact and not openions.

My experience with antennas is from being a ham radio operater for the
last 40 years and building my own. there are ARRL manuals that cover
the simplest long wire antenna's to moon bounce installations At your
current stage only the basic novice publications would be of use to
you.
Stan

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:19:49 -0500, (m Ransley)
wrote:

I am 60 miles east of Chicago and looking for a very good outdoor roof
Tv antenna. Radio Shack has a 160" 57 element antenna for 99$. Would I
benefit from a rotator and amplifier. What is the best cable to use. I
know nothing about outdoor tv antennas.