Gunner Asch

Default My rolling garage sale...

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 02:48:23 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Back home already; very weird experience. 'Spect I'll write
it all up in a day or two but I gotta get it all down first. Never been
mugged in public before, but it happened! ****ed off porker who
outweigs me by a good hundred pounds and who, I found out later,
is the guy in charge of the whole shebang, buttonholes me while I'm
walking around the show and demands I pay him a commission for
something a friend and I shook hands on in the parking lot! Drove my
truckload of stuff over to the loading dock earlier but they were too
busy and couldn't be bothered to unload my stuff and they wouldn't let
me run the forklift (two sitting there idle, nobody to run 'em), so I
parked in the lot and go check out the show. Meanwhile a friend who saw
my stuff made an offer, we shook hands and that's that. So do you all
think I should pay fifteen percent to the fat boy? Didn't seem fair to
me at the time. Found out later why he was such a dickhead, though.
Turns out there was a guy at the show last year who tried to do a bunch
of business selling used tools and then tried to stiff the guy for the
commissions. Wanna guess who this particular dickhead was? Well far be
it from me to sling mud and besides I don't have all of this written in
stone, it was just nattered in my ear this afternoon and I've had that
particular creep killfiled for a while anyway.
--Aside from management, everone else at the show was great.
Hope to post photos in a week or so; still gotta go thru the photos I
took the previous weekend at Jacques Littlefield's place..

I found out you and I chatted in the parking lot. I was the tall
bearded guy in the cowboy hat.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner