Steven E. Eyrse

Default Pans for a small Hydraulic press

These days, the cheapest solution is usually to go out and buy a Chinese
import press. Look at what's available from places like Harbor Freight. It
will likely cost more in raw materials to build your own (and more so

after
you factor in your time). Besides the steel channel and angle, and the
bottle jack, you will need return springs, press plates, fasteners, pins,
etc.

After reading all.
Thanks by the way.

The Harbor Freight way is the answer. for $69 I can get a 6 ton which
will be enough for anything I need to do myself. I can't buy a 6 ton
bottle jack for that. Pep Boys did have a 20 for $ 30.00 but that
was just the jack. Also as others have said " getting all the holes to
line up " .. Well why go to the trouble if you can get a " kit " .

Shop time to do what I want is going to cost about $70.00 .. I
figured $ 80 as I had the rebuild kit bought at a swapmeet years ago
for a couple of bucks. Then as I said I'll still have the press to
use on other projects.

Steve E.