Gunner Asch

Default Congress OKs Gun Industry Lawsuit Shield

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:27:38 -0400, Artemia Salina
wrote:

I really wonder what guys like you would do if, by magic, every
Lefty (or whoever it is that's not on Your Team) were suddenly
to vanish, never ever to be heard from again. Ever. How would
you and Gunner fill your time with nothing to complain about?
I think you'd be bored and miserable without the other team
around to fight with and complain about.

What makes you think we wouldnt have something to debate about?
Getting rid of the Libs would simply narrow the arena a bit.

I find the whole thing tiring, myself. Never was much for
team sports anyway.

Politics..usenet style..is a form of combat. Much preferable to the
real thing. It has multiple reasons..getting the "truth" out being
just one, others include stress reduction via combat, etc etc.

Few of us who engage in it on usenet, carry much of it over to real
life.

A gent commented to a friend the other day, a gent that had been
around me a few times...when he suddenly discovered I was the Gunner
on usenet....that I certainly was opinionated..like it was a bad
thing..but more importantly..was quite surprised I was the Gunner on
Usenet.

Chuckle...what you see here..while may be the core beliefs of the
individual posters..hardly is any major part of their life outside the
net.

Im probably one of the few who even makes the attempt to be publicly
opinionated..with my Cowboy Calvin ****ing on the word Liberals in the
rear window of my pickup truck.

And I simply use that for a geopolitical digital detection system. I
can tell which portion of So. California Im in, by which digit folks
in other cars give me. Orange County, Riverside, San Bernadino, San
Fernando..the digit is usually a thumbs up. In West Hollywood, The
Peoples Republik of Santa Monica..its another finger.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner