FDR

Default Electrical question about plugs... please

"DanG" wrote in message

Barbara,

It would be much more safe to kill the power to that receptacle. Plug
something like a radio into the other half of the same receptacle and go
kill breakers until the radio turns off. Once it is off, use a pliers to
pull out the broken off plug. If you cannot remove it, you may need to
replace the receptacle.

The one caveat to this is that the outlet may be split, with one of the
receptacles on one circuit and the other receptacle on another. I would use
a voltage testing device that beeps and/or flashes when line voltage is
present at the probe tip that you would place next to the outlet. This is
about the surest way to be safe.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"chicagofan" wrote in message
If I have a receptacle that has one prong [of a worthless plug] stuck in
it... can I remove it with pliers safely, or do I have to turn off the
power first?

Don't laugh... I'm an over the hill female who doesn't mind showing her
ignorance. TIA...

Barbara