SQLit

Default Jetted Tub Opinions

"Brad Bruce" wrote in message
6...
The SWMBO wants the bathroom in a house we are buying updated.

It was built in 1978 and has HIDEOUS blue tile in the tub/shower area. If
I'm redoing the tile, I might as well replace the tub.

We're interested in the American Standard "Plebe" jetted tub, but haven't
been able to find any comments about it. Has anyone here installed/used
one?

Thanks
Brad

I installed one for my bathroom remodel. I like the deeper water level and
the fact that it really fit the opening of the other tub. I removed part of
the wall to get the rust piece of junk out and the new AS in. I have no
complaints it works as a soaker/reading lounge for me.
It does put a hurt on the water heater, since I live alone there is no
worries about that.

I might consider paying for a porcelain tub the next time. I am not
planning on keeping this home much more than a year.

The pump location is opposite the drain, and needs a separate GFCI circuit
and access door.