chicagofan

Default Electrical question about plugs... please

DanG wrote:

Barbara,

It would be much more safe to kill the power to that receptacle.
Plug something like a radio into the other half of the same
receptacle and go kill breakers until the radio turns off. Once
it is off, use a pliers to pull out the broken off plug. If you
cannot remove it, you may need to replace the receptacle.

Thanks so much, I guessed that would be the response. I have a lamp plugged
in the other half... so I'll use that as an indicator, if I can't find one
of my portable radios. Appreciate the quick reply!
bj

"chicagofan" wrote
If I have a receptacle that has one prong [of a worthless plug]
stuck in it... can I remove it with pliers safely, or do I have
to turn off the power first?

Barbara