MetalHead

Default tubing bender die question

Frank wrote:
Are square tubing benders generally a pain to get the bent tube our of?

Have the same problem with my cheap round pipe bender although a whack with
a hammer make it easy to disengage. I was bending 1-1/2" pipes, 2" OD. I've
seen the more expensive round tube bender (not pipe) and it doesn't have
this problem. Must be the die. Have you tried packing the tube with sand?

I have not tried filling the tube with sand. In the past, I worked a lot
with good quality round tube benders in the 1/4" - 1/2" range and had no
problems getting the tube out of them.

Thanks,
Bob