DeepDiver

Default Making or acquiring a 26mm end mill holder?

"michael" wrote in message

Lyndex-Nikken has R8 1.25 end mill holders, standard and stub.
How about getting one and making a bushing?

Thanks Michael. Actually, that's an excellent idea. I had already considered
making adapter bushings to fit some English-sized boring bars into the 16mm
bar holding holes in this boring head, but I hadn't considered making a
bushing for the shank. I don't know why I overlooked this.

And there are a number of sources of 1.25" and 1.5" end mill holders,
including Bison (a brand I prefer for their combination of both precision
and economy). I'll probably use a 1.5" end mill holder so the bushing has
more "meat". That way, I can add set screws to match the locking holes in
the existing shank, as well as a Weldon flat to lock the assembly in the end
mill holder.

Maybe you can get a different shank for the head,
unless it is integral.

Yes it is integral. The body and shank are precision ground from a solid
billet. (It's a really nice boring head -- another reason why I don't want
to turn down the shank.)

Had it not been integral, then I would have made a custom shank from an R8
arbor (as I did for another metric boring head I have that does have a
threaded hole to accept a shank).

- Michael