Rich Greenberg

Default Seller wants to cancel after agreement expires, buyer does not

In article . com,
Ed Roberts Jr wrote:
We signed an agreement to sell our house in June without a realtor's
involvement, and now we think we sold it for too little. It's now
almost a month after our second scheduled closing date (after signing a

[...]

The buyer just called me an hour ago to say that the loan has funded
and the sale has been recorded, and he wants the keys. Of course, this
is the same guy who has been promising the moon for the last several
months. I have heard nothing from the escrow company.

What is our best option to cancel the sale and list the house if what
the buyer says is true?

Your ONLY option is to verify that the closing has closed and if so,
give them the keys.