Mike W.

Default Is my mobile phone battery bad?

Are you talking about a cordless phone for home use, or a cell phone? I get
the feeling you are talking about a cordless. I have never seen a cell phone
that loses anything when the battery is removed.
If the battery indicator always shows a full charge, then there are a couple
of possibilities:
1) The battery is discharging very quickly. (replace the battery)
2) There is some internal fault with the phone itself. (repair or replace
entire phone)

It won't hurt anything to try freezing the battery as you suggest, but I
doubt it accomplishes anything. Good luck.

"David Sewell" wrote in message
Hi Mike,
If the battery contact was lost for a short time then I should loose the
time on the display, but I don't unless I purposely remove and replace the
battery. I have found a forum where someone details putting the battery

in
a freezer for several days then recharging it. I am giving this a try as I
tend to not use the phone for extended periods and think this may have
caused the problem.
Thank you,
David

"Mike W." wrote in message
Chances are the battery is moving in relation to the contacts that allow

the
circuit to be broken momentarily. Take the phone to your provider and

see
if
they will replace it. I have two friends at work that went through the

same
thing.

"David Sewell" wrote in message
My phone switches off a lot and I have to charge it up, but the

battery
indicator on the display always shows as fully charged. Would the

battery
definitely be at fault? How can I test it ? (it has four contacts -

and
is
3.6v ni-nh) I have test equipment.

Thank you,