Cheezy

Default Slightly older Sears Craftsman lathe question

Hi:

I hope somebody can help me; I was given a not very new Sears Craftsman
1hp 12 inch lathe and I am just getting around to playing with it. My
question is, how do you get the headstock pin out of its spindle? I
hope I'm saying the vocab right; I took a class recently on how to do
lathes, and I was on this jet whose headstock pin popped out by pushing
into a hole from behind, down the shaft. This Craftsman has a hole in
the back of the drive, but you have to take the motor cover off to get
there and the thing isn't budging. It's slightly rusted; maybe that's
it. Anybody know how this thing works?

Thanks in advance.