Toller

Default Anyone have an old Craftsman 12" lathe?

"C & S" wrote in message
I used to.

The belt cover lasted about 5 minutes for me. I had both the lath and
motor
bolted to the bench top. The top was the only thing holding them together.
don't see why you could not mount it below.

As for the switch... isn't it a part of the headstock assembly? I don't
see
any reason why you could not just run the motor through an alternative
switch.

The switch is just bolted to the headstock, but it blocks where the belt
would have to go. I think I can simply move it; but if I can't, yeh, an
alternate switch will be easy enough.