David Jensen

Default EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle...

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:11:33 -0700, in alt.fan.pratchett
(Jason) wrote in
:
In article , David Jensen
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:55:16 -0700, in alt.fan.pratchett
(Jason) wrote in
:

He is now retired. I don't
expect evolutionists to respect Dr. Gish or say possible things about him
or any of the books he has written. I also don't blame evolutionists for
rushing to court whenever a school system wants to teach ID. The
evolutionists don't want their house of cards to come crashing down.

It is not a house of cards. It takes profound ignorance or a completely
dishonest attitude toward science to make that claim.

Of course, they will come up with other reasons to prevent teachers from
teaching ID. History is repeating itself. When Christians had control of
the public school system, they tried (but failed) to prevent teachers from
teaching evolution.

Religious doctrines are not science. They do not belong in a science
classroom, most religious schools don't teach creationism in their
science classes, either.

Hello,
Thanks for your post. Needless to say, I disagree with you. I only wish
that you had attended one of the debates before he retired. Dr. Gish is a
very kind and wonderful person. He treated the professor with the utmost
respect. The professor was making a fool of himself by showing disrespect
for Dr. Gish.

I have no respect for Gish because he has shown that he should not be
respected. He is dishonest and repeats falsehoods after he has been
corrected on them. There are many such people who act as if they are
respectful, but are picking your pocket while they do so. They deserve
public condemnation.

Please read _Elmer Gantry_. Religious confidence men have been around a
long time, taking advantage of those who want to believe in something.

I realize that debates are not like college football games--there is not
always a clear winner. For example, if we attended the same debate, you
might say the professor won and I would say that Dr. Gish won. I will
become an evolutionist whenever a scientist can do an experiment that
proves that life can evolve from non-life. Until that happens, I will
remain to be an advocate for the IDers and the creation science movement.m

We already know that life can come from non-life, so apparently you have
no objections to evolution, even though evolution is about the changes
in life over time, not the beginning of life on earth.

Go to talk.origins and see why science supporters are so upset with
those who lie about science and manipulate religious believers.