Roly

Default diy trolley for heavy amp!

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..

I made something similar to this by making a wooden frame using
100x50mm timber, lap jointed and glued and screwed at the corners and
then a piece of 18mm ply on the top.

I bought some industrial castors from RS Components (but only because
I was ordering some other stuff. They are pretty widely available.

I have moved around items weighing 100kg on this, so it would handle
the 50kg that you are looking for easily.

I also made something very similar by buying some 25mm square ali tube
and some 16guage ali sheet.

I used a Workmate to clamp the sheet and a length of wood to fold over
the edges to make a sort of tray that sits in the tubular frame, with
flanges going over the top of the frame.

The whole lot was pop rivetted together and some heavy duty castors
bolted on ( I got mine from RS ).

It doesn't weigh too much, is unaffected by rain and has lasted for
about 15 years so far and is still in excellent nick.

It's worth getting a pair of non-steerable wheels ( they're much
cheaper anyway ) and a pair of steerable lockable castors. You'll be
able to steer it very easily and the brakes will ensure that you can
leave it on a gentle slope with a fair chance of it staying put.