Mike in Arkansas

Default A Little Dab will Do Ya? Use More Only if I Dare?

Getting ready to wax some samples of oak I fumed in household ammonia.
Half the samples finished with a coat of 1 pound shellac and then 3
coats of Waterlox oringial. Same Waterlox on the other halb but
without the shallac sealer coat. I have some Briwax original I am
going to add artists oil color to to make it black. My question is how
mouch of the color do I add perchetage wise to the wax? A little dab
to just render it black or would the finish benefit from a higher
colorant ratio. I am assuming that when my finishing reference discuss
finishing with black wax they are refering to a paste wax and not some
kind of a hard wax that is rubbed into the wood grain. Thanks