william_b_noble

Default Car Body Sheetmetal-Old Leadwork Geezer Needed

I've done a fair amount of body work restoring older cars - I'd recommend
you consider alternatives to lead - in particular, the high quality epoxy
puttys - specifically NOT Bondo - I have had excellent luck with a putty
called "allmetal" that uses a metallic filler instead of talc (whcih is what
the cheap ones use) - I've had repairs that are fine, no cracks, after 15
years. the stuff is pricy, but much easier to use than lead, and better for
you and the environment. you can get it at automotive paint supply stores
like FinishMaster
"JR North" wrote in message
.. .
Back on the Roadster Project. The series is he
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/acc2.html

I need to find a good, knowledgeable old fart, (or young fart), to help
with leading in the body panels(body solder). Seattle area. Help, anyone?
Thanks
JR
Dweller in the cellar