JR North

Default OT - Trane Furnace Problem

Might not be hardware problem, but a firmware issue with the board. If
so, bummer pin down...
JR
dweller in the cellar

Laurie Forbes wrote:

I have a Trane XL90 furnace (high effic, two stage) that goes into a fault
condition every once in a while and will not generate heat until reset (a
big pain especially if it happens in the middle of the night). Was
wondering if there are any furnace gurus out there who might be able to
advise me. The fault code displayed means either a grounding or igniter
problem but I have checked both and nothing seems amiss. It sounds then it
may be a controller board problem but I don't wish to replace it on spec as
they want about $500 for the thing. Actually stopping a Trane is pretty
easy in my case

All help appreciated....

Laurie Forbes

Dependence is Vulnerability: