Don Foreman

Default How is bright zinc plating achieved?

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:42:08 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Hi all,

I can tell hot dip galvanising and bright zinc plating apart (the former
creates a thick, dull layer of zinc in which you can sometimes see
grains, whereas the latter creates a thinner, shinier layer) but I'm not
sure how bright zinc plating is achieved. Is it an electroplating
process? I did a quick Google search but couldn't find the answer. Just
curious...

Chris

Yes, it is electroplating using proprietary "brighteners" in the soup.