RichardS

Default Cordless drill

"Huge" wrote in message
Matt writes:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message
Anyone recommend a decent light duty cordless drill? My elderly &
several
times repaired B&D gave up the ghost today ...

Buy the most expensive Makita known to man. That will do you.

I wouldn't buy anything you recommend.

That would be foolish. Sometimes I wish I'd bought a Makita rather
than Bosch though.

Anyway, I bought a Wickes own-brand 18V jobby, reduced from 40-some pounds
to £26. It's drilled several hundred holes and driven screws into them
through hardwood decking this afternoon without any apparent problem.
Other
than the scabby screwdriver bit adaptor failing (the hexagonal bit goes
round inside the round bit...) But I have several of those, so no big
deal.

All I need now is a 160mm dia/16 mm bore circular saw blade for my Bosch
saw, since none of the sheds seem to sell them.

D&M tools (www.dm-tools.co.uk) have Freud Pro blades in that size - 12,24 &
40 tooth. Between £14 and £24. Expect Axminster will sell them as well.

--

Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk