Default Painting Oil Impregnated Doors

Gio wrote:
I will be nipping out in a few
minutes up to either Wicks or B+Q to see what they have in the way of
the two types of primer you suggest.

Gio

According to the instructions on my tin of teak oil, you must strip
back to bare timber, using white spirit and fine wire wool, sanding
along the grain, even if you only wish to reapply oil. I suggest that
this would apply with even greater force if you want to paint the
timber.

Having spent the greater part of 2 weeks painting, repainting,
stripping, stain blocking and repainting a wall in my living room (6
times) I've come to the conclusion that it's better not to improvise,
but to follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Tony.