Duane Bozarth

Default Strange Noise In Wall

I have what sounds like a slow dripping (or ticking perhaps
... in one of the walls in our home. The noise seems to
coincide with the arrival of colder weather.

The sound was evident through the winter months and then went away for the
warmer months. ... related to the outside temperature ...

... the house is 10 years old ...

The noise is in the wall separating our family room from our garage. I am
aware of no plumbing in the wall. ...

That it went away in warm weather and is back w/ cool is certainly
indicative it isn't water, either plumbing or roof. I would suspect
there is plastic vent pipe in the wall and what you're hearing is
thermally induced expansion/contraction movement. That it's in the
unheated garage wall makes it almost certain to be simply a
temperature-related problem imo.