Duane Bozarth

Default Question about replacing sash cords on old windows - NOT the kindwith weights.

Mike O'Donnell wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Mike O'Donnell wrote:

What I found out is that at the top of the window frame (inside the
frame),
there is a plastic trim piece held on by screws. Under that, on each
side
is a metal mechanism, about the size of a pack of playing cards screwed
into
the top of the frame. It has "Anderson Windows" stamped on it, along
with
what looks like "CC 9 27 -12". In that are two wheels with springs that
wind up the sash cords. It doesn't look like there's any way to get the
thing apart, and I'm trying to figure out how to attach new sash cords to
it.

If "Anderson" is really spelled as "Andersen" I'd go to a local
distributor if you have one or contact them directly come Monday...I've
not seen their mechanism of that type so don't know about it...

Typo on my part, it is stamped "Andersen Corp, Bayport Minn". It has a
little triangular logo with "AW" in the middle of it.

I figured as much, but there's always the chance of some knock-off "name
alike" local outfit....

I had searched their web site and didn't find anything that helped.

Those are old enough and uncommon enough I think you'll need to contact
them directly...my experience has been they're pretty helpful,
particularly if you do have a local showroom/sizable distributor.