Edwin Pawlowski

Default New Lie-Nielsen and Lee Valley Catalogs...

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message

My intention in the original
post was to get some discussion going on Lie-Nielsen. I feel that Lee
Valley is over-idolized and Lie-Nielsen is under-idolized.

I don't think that is entirely true. LV has many more product to offer than
LN, thus more reason to search the catalog/web site. LN has a more narrow
product line but does have good quality. .

The LV planes are about as good performing, maybe better $$ value than LN,
albeit they are not quite as fancy looking. Of course personal preference
comes in here too.

There are other stores and web sites that are great value, super service,
etc. LV just has more to offer more people. My wife likes to look at the
LV catalog too because of the household and gardening items, but hardly
every tools at the strictly tool ones. Given the multitude of choices in
the LV catalog, many of us would grab that one first. As a whole, the
average woodworker probably just has more exposure to one over the other.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/