Hugo Nebula

Default Laptop battery problems

I have a problem with the level of charge from my laptop's battery.
At 100%, the battery meter is showing about 2hours 10minutes charge.
This then drops gradually at a consistent rate to about 55%, when it
suddenly drops to 7-8% (about 10-9 minutes), then consistently down to
nothing. I get about an hours charge from a full charge.

The battery is a Li-Ion, and the laptop is a Dell Inspiron model.

I've Googled, but there isn't a lot of info available. It doesn't
seem to be a memory problem, but perhaps something to do with the
charging software or hardware in the battery pack. I've updated the
BIOS, but that hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas on how to restore my battery pack?
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"