Ian Clowes

Default No patch panel

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
You don't want some 'arbitrary fashion' just to maintain continuity. They
need, at least, to be wired in pairs. So it's just as easy to use the
recommended ones.

No, the original words did get a bit confused. I was making the
possibly rash assumption that even if someone had gone off piste
regarding using a true standard they would have at least kept each
pair's integrity.

Assuming pairs have been used in this way I was suggesting it may be as
well to leave them as they are at the soecket end. Personally I'd
re-punch them to be standard if there was enough slack to pull them and
trim them.

IanC