Hawke

Default Congress OKs Gun Industry Lawsuit Shield

I believe you're right in that I am used to propaganda. So much so
that I have learned to read through it and pay it no mind, and I think
most people do the same thing. I think you'll find some amount of
"propaganda", "spin", whatever you want to call it, in all human
communication. It's unavoidable because everyone has opinions and
it is almost impossible to keep them from tinting one's reporting
to some degree. But the discerning reader accepts this reality and
navigates around it as a matter of course.

It's an undeniable fact that, if you can't detect bias in a statement,

it's
because you agree with that bias.

This is, after all, the fundamental reason that college Journalism classes
teach their students just HOW to "slant" their stories to match the
institutional bias of the publication for which they're writing. [So said

my
Journalism teacher - way back in '64. G]

Your inability to discern the inherent bias in the quoted article simply
goes to prove the level, and direction, of YOUR bias.

Except that sometimes when you can't find bias in an article it's because
there isn't any. It is not a fact that all articles have bias. Believe it or
not some people actually write objective pieces. If you haven't read any
then you need to broaden your reading list.

Hawke