Mike O'Donnell

Default Orange hospital oulets

wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:13:08 +0000 (UTC),
(Bob Vaughan) wrote:

In article ,

[stuff snipped....]

You may also see blue outlets, which are frequently Surge Protection,
or yellow outlets, which are normally Corrosion Resistant. The Surge
Protection outlets may also be IG.

Other colors generally have no special meaning, although you sometimes see
red used for emergency power circuits.

Thanks for the detailed info. Interesting reading. Having worked
mostly on residential wiring, I never knew there were all these
special types of outlets. Next time I am at one of these places I
will have to look for the triangle and/or green dot.
I wouldn't mind getting a few of those surge protection outlets for my
computer and electronics at home. Seems like thwey would be better
than power strip protectors.....

Mark

The blue outlets do not provide surge protection in the outlets, I believe
the blue means they are connected to surge protection circuitry.

A place I worked at before used red outlets throughout the building for the
computer equipment circuits. Kept someone from plugging in a vacuum cleaner
or space heater into the same line as a server (at least in theory).

- Mike O.