Michael Daly

Default Orange hospital oulets

On 22-Oct-2005, (Bob Vaughan) wrote:

Orange outlets are Isolated Ground (IG), meaning that the ground pins on the
outlets are isolated from the mounting yoke. They are used for equipment
that may be sensitive to stray currents on the ground wire, such as computers
and medical equipment.

That's interesting - thanks for the info. Does that mean that the mounting
yoke and box are separately grounded or are they not grounded?

I've only noticed orange outlets in computer environments and only for
outlets guaranteed to have power in a blackout - that's what I always
thought the colour meant. Now I know better.

Mike