C & S

Default New window sill shelf design needed

Hey, thanks, that's perfect. And Steve, you're right, those are nice. I
sure wish my walls were that thick!

Basic 2x6 construction. The F-er's at the lumber yard mis-ordered my windows
and gave me 2x4 jams. I had to build them all out 2" (It was october in
Northern NY and waiting to have them reorder them seemed like a bad idea).

How thick are those sills? Looks thicker than what I'm facing for my
own.

1" - exactly, milled from 5/4 stock.

And that's not just a roundover on the edges, either, since the edges
are still there. Is that an external bull-nose?

Yes... I did it with a 3/4" radius roundover with a pilot baring. It's a big
honk'n bit and it's a tad pricey but I use it all the time... generally to
put a bullnose on stuff. In theory you have to leave a flat section of
middle on which the baring rides but in practice, a tiny flat vanishes with
minimal sanding,

I like how it looks and
I'd be willing to buy a new bit to get the same look. The way you

extended
the wood past the opening is the kind of thing I have been thinking about.

Good. I sounds like I helped you visualize something you like.

Cheers,

Steve