larry g

Default How Long Of A Power Cord?

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Jim Says;

I have a hard and fast rule that exension cords are never used
in my shop or home. If I find that there's a need for one,
that means I add a power receptacle where the tool or appliance
is in use.

It must be nice to have such an area to work in that a hard and fast rule
of no extension cords works. I don't discount that extension cord use
should be minimized but when your in a 50' by 100' shop those outlets every
4' along the wall as posted by another don't cut it when there is a job that
must be worked on in the middle of the shop. Even with electrical drops out
in the middle of the shop extension cords are necessary, and those reels in
the ceiling are extension cords.

That said to reply to the OP I prefer to have a long enough cord on portable
tools that when moving around the plugset does hang up on the work, such as
cutting a piece of plywood with a hand saw and having the plug hang on the
edge of the ply part way through the cut.
lg
no neat sig line