Builderchick Builderchick is offline
Junior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Has anyone here installed an IKEA kitchen themselves? Were the instructions
easy-to-follow? For example, how easy is it to mount the wall cabinets in an
older house with uneven walls? The kitchen I'm looking to remodel is in a
small 10'x10' room (approximately 7'x7' for the actual kitchen area), so it
would basically consist of about 5-10 wall/base cabinets, a range, and sink
arranged in an L shape. The sink/range will be about a foot away from their
current positions, so the service lines may need to be extended. Does the
particleboard construction hold up over time (at least they make it easy to
replace doors/shelves, etc.)?

I've heard horror stories about people ordering kitchens from IKA and
receiving broken/missing parts or late delivery or some parts. Is the
customer service really that bad or is just a loud, vocal minority? I live
in the Philadelphia area is it makes a difference.

How would you rate the IKEA kitchen remodel experience to an equivalent Home
Depot/Lowes "ready to assemble" path?
Hi, I have installed an Ikea Kitchen and found it to be very simple....and look - I am a girl! The flat pack instructions were simple and precise. Had no problems with the delivery and they took back bits I didn't need in the end (always over order on plinth/cornice etc - its easier to take it back than wait another six weeks for 2.4m if you make a bad cut) and gave me my money back - no questions asked.
Would use them again for sure - except my taste in Kitchens has improved, bit more fussy now!