jofreeman2000 jofreeman2000 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Moving a gas meter

Hi all,

Really hope you can help - we just moved to a small terraced house with a big gas meter uder the stairs. Because the kitchen is so tiny we are hoping to do as some of our neighbours have and put our fridg freezer in the space under the stairs. In order to do this we need to move our gas meter elsewhere. I rang the gas suppliers who put me throught to fulcrum and they've sent a really complicated application form to fill out. However I'm finding it really hard to complete as it all seems to assume you are wanting to move your gas meter outside the house..... we only want to move it to the back of the house into the utility room. Any ideas about how tricky this is? We obviousley won't try to do it ourselves! But is it a big, expensive task, and do we need to go through FUlcrum if we are only moving it to another place within the house?

Fulcrum won't offer us any advice and the application pack is a nightmare!

Jo