Ken

Default Replace bathroom drywall or repaint?

Christian Fox wrote:
In article , says...

I would just spray on a little bleach, mold is common in baths ,
probably no need to repaint, Just use an old spray bottle, fill with
bleach and keep it handy, mold is common.

It'd be a better idea to get rid of the cause of the mold, rather than just treat the
symptoms as they appear. If there's mold in a bathroom, the bathroom probably doesn't
have enough ventilation to get rid of the excess moisture.

Another trick that worked for me, is painting surfaces in a bathroom
with semi-gloss paint rather than flat paint. Moisture does not
penetrate it like it does flat paint.