ChrisCoaster

Default What Matters More? D6500 or "What looks best, personally"

With all this talk about gray-scale and 6500K color temperature and ISF
and calibration, what is more important to most people?

Accurately and objectively presenting the intentions of directors,
producers, and writers of movies, plays, and shows for broadcast on TV
- or - allowing TV owners to adjust their sets to look they they "feel"
they should look.

One interesting factor here - most people - and probably none that
visit this newsgroup, are AFRAID to adjust the 5 basic controls. Or if
they are accessible only by hiting "Menu" on the remote as on all
modern sets, owners simply don't know how to get to the picture
controls. They assume that the picture as out of box is the "best" and
looks the way it's supposed to.

I'll open the floor with what matters to me: Getting as close as I can
to the 6500 ideal with the User controls and allowing as much of the
artistic intention through as can get through.

But again, what I want is not what everybody wants.

Opinions?

-ChrisCoaster