BobS

Default What to buy? used delta rockwell unisaw or unisaw copy

Wayne,

If you already have a decent Delta (what model?) then just invest in a
couple of blades - 24-30 tooth rip and an 60-80 tooth cross-cut. Tune that
puppy up and you're good to go. You do not need a Unisaw to make cabinets.
If you're planning on cutting thru 3" thick hard maple then that 1.5hp motor
is not enough but for everything else - it will be fine. My Delta CS was a
fine tablesaw and the only reason I went to a 3hp saw was because I did have
some 3" thick hard maple to cut. Was making a French door set, windows and
another entry door for my niece's renovation so I did need more lead in the
butt.

Depending on the model, I (and others) have posted procedures on how to tune
a Delta CS. The models that have the dual trunnion bars in the
undercarriage. Add a good miter gauge like an Incra (www.incra.com ) and
you'll have a mean machine. I have both the 1000 and 2000 models of the
Incra miter gauges. The 2000 is the workhorse and I purchased extra fences
(18" 36" 54") and they're great. They sell other models but the 2000 is the
heavy duty one and works nicely when you're working with long panels etc.

So if you already have a good CS, get it tuned up, buy two blades and a
fence. Those are items you need even with a Uni (and they'll work on a Uni
also) so if you decide to upgrade latter you've not lost a dime. Oh yeah -
add a good splitter - but for the Delta CS you can make one that's as good
if not better than anything out there.

Bob S.

"wayne mak" wrote in message
The unisaw that I might look at is in good shape, I have the cast iron
delta contractor now.
"BobS" wrote in message
Wayne,