R. O'Brian

Default need suggestion for surface grinding wheel

"Honest A Babin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,
I'm trying to resurface the magnetic chuck on my surface grinder but
the grinding wheel I have is too hard to do the job properly without
clogging and bouncing before I'm even a third through. It's a mess and
iirc the job calls for a soft, open grain wheel, no?
Wheel is 7" maximum and I could use specifics on grain, bond, etc for
all around general purpose use.
A link to a simple tutorial and if possible Graingers or MSC stock #'s
would be appreciated.
Cordially,
Al

The blue 5SG (seeded gel)wheels made by Norton last far longer between
dressings than any others I have used. They cost twice as much as the
standard wheels, but are well worth it IMHO. See MSC Cat. page # 789
(online)

Randy