Jason D.

Default Samsung projection convergence

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:35:20 -0600, (Ken G.) wrote:

I found the chips on line for 15$ each . We dont want to spend much on
these so 4 chips were ordered and on the way .
I will replace them on one board and make sure all those fuse resistors
are good then try it out .
Any sets that it fixes will get more chips ordered .

I know all about buying cheap parts but this is orders from headquarers
If it dont work the sets go away broken .

Ken G.

This is not good idea to appoach this. Make sure that ICs is real
thing not fakes. The ICs on these convergence designs run very hot
and ESPECIALLY that samsung is using these ICs in place of convergence
rings. Oh boy. Many samsung models didn't come with these rings on
the yokes. By the way, the convergence windings is about 20 turns on
each one of four sectors on the ferrite ring. Very, very low ohms for
the poor IC to drive them.

Cheers, Wizard